Saturday, May 9, 2009

FLASH FICTIONING THE CAM ASHLEY WAY

The main reason I stopped posting stuff here was that I had a whole stack of fiction I wanted to try and get out there (more on this later). One of the things you can check out now, if you want, is up at http://theflashfictionoffensive.blogspot.com/a website affiliated with OUT OF THE GUTTER magazine. One of my biggest problems as a wannabe writer is that my ideas start big and they just keep getting bigger. I sat down one Saturday afternoon and belted out the following in about an hour. Most of that time was spent seeing how many words I could actually LOSE from the story. If you want to check it out, you can here. Won't rock your world or anything, but it's only 350 words, so it won't take up too much time either. It's the first time I've tried anything like this. I'm going to keep working on them, trying to boil them down to as few words as possible. Anyway, that's that. News on longer works soon. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Paul, for your kind words on both bits o'flash so far. I truly appreciate it. I'll be sussing your work out quick smart, man, count on it.

    ReplyDelete