Monday, March 16, 2009

ROBOT MANGA MODEL RUNWAY READY!



"You got me girl on the run-around, run-around, you got me all around town".


-- ROXY MUSIC, Ladytron (probably not about a robot catwalk model but work with me.)

From THE AGE

First bits for lazy non-clickers:

"Japanese researchers on Monday showed off a robot that will soon strut her stuff down a Tokyo catwalk.

The girlie-faced humanoid with slightly oversized eyes, a tiny nose and a shoulder length hair-do boasts 42 motion motors programmed to mimic the movements of flesh-and-blood fashion models.

"Hello everybody, I am cybernetic human HRP-4C," said the futuristic fashionista, opening her media premiere at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology outside Tokyo."

AWESOME. In my comic-soaked brain she will look something like this:



Yet another reason Japan rules. The one thing I am perplexed about, however, is why they just made her the same size as an average Japanese chick...like, what's the point of that??? There are 42,586,112 women in Japan between the ages of 14 and 64.* Do we really need another one, even if she is made of metal? SERIOUSLY. All will not be lost, however, if they gave her ROCKET FEET.


BREAKING NEWS: Pictures of the scientists next project have leaked:



*Yes, I have actual sources

No comments:

Post a Comment